After glueing up the first chunk of boards together I quickly realized that I did not have my circular saw centered, when I ripped these boards to begin with. At this point, I am pretty skeptical about using a hand plane to make this thing flat. (never used a plane before) I see that I got some glubies there. What a mess.
After reading more in Chris’s book, I decided to clean the boards with acetone, before gluing up additional boards. I wish that I would have done this on the previous chunk of boards. This may be a good experiment on bonding unclean surfaces.
Finally, I get everything glued and clamped. I believe I used every clamp that I had at this point. Cross your fingers.